Monday, March 11, 2013

Announcing...My Book!

At long last, the day has come: my first novel, Red Sun Blue Earth, is published! You can find the ebook and print book here on Amazon. But before you hop over to Amazon, let me give you a short "review" of my book to let you know what it's all about.

Title: Red Sun Blue Earth
Author: Sienna North
Page Count: 248 pages

Stars: (well, that would be rather self-serving!)

Teaser: Sayaka Sato is an ordinary fifteen-year-old—until 3:46 pm on March 11, when an earthquake and tsunami strike Japan and rip her life into shreds. Sayaka is frantic to find her family, but first, she must survive cold, hunger, and worse. Will Sayaka be able to reunite with her family, earn their forgiveness, and forge a new life for herself, or will she be too late?

Age Level: 13+ (teens and up)

Violence: 3 of 5
  • Scenes of death and destruction make up a significant portion of the story, although there are no graphic/gory descriptions.

Romance: 0 of 5
  • Sorry, romance-lovers--you'll have to find another tale!

Language: 1 of 5
  • A few hastily cut-off exclamations

Christian Worldview: This book is not a Christian fiction book, and none of the characters in the story are Christian--not surprising, considering Japan's Christian population is less than 1%. However, I certainly believe that the themes in the story (such as hope and forgiveness) support a Christian message and don't glorify anything non-Christian.

My Personal Opinion: It goes without saying that I love my book, aside from those horrible moments of paralyzing self-doubt inflicted upon all writers. It took me quite a lot of effort to write, edit, get test-readers' feedback, edit, hire a professional editor, edit, get more test-readers' feedback, edit, proofread, and publish! I would say that the story is especially great for people who want to learn more about Japan, who are interested in the 2011 disaster, or who enjoy coming-of-age stories. I hope, though, that everyone can find something to enjoy in it.


I am hosting a release party for Red Sun Blue Earth on my favorite forum, Holy Worlds Historical Fiction. To add to the excitement, there will be contests, quizzes, and giveaways. The invitation is below, and the party can be found here. Feel free to join the forum and and participate in the party!

And, while you're at it, here is the link for my ebook and for the print book. Check it out and let me know what you think in the comments!


8 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! :D I will for sure order a copy soon. Looking forward to reading it. Love the cover art. Congrats again and blessings to you on this fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the cover art! And thanks for the blessings--I certainly need them :)

      Delete
  2. ^_^ Yes, Congratulations Sienna!!!! ^_^ *Throws some glitter*

    ~ZA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sienna,

    I came across your lovely blog from J. Grace Pennington's blog and I really love your blog, and your focus on faith in writing :). It is so refreshing!

    Congratulations on the publication of your book :). That is so exciting! It sounds very much like a book I'd be interested to read. I recall the horrible and very tragic earthquake/tsunami that occurred in Japan in 2011 and how it pained me as I saw the images on the TV (also, since we live in Australia we were watching for any alerts). It really was heartbreaking seeing all the destruction and loss of lives. So this story really intrigues me and I am sure must be really inspiring and touching.

    I love also how you lived and were born in Japan - I can imagine how this story means a lot to you! I was born and lived in Egypt for the first 6 years of my life and I have often longed to write a fiction story about the persecution of the Coptic Christians there during the 2011 Revolution. I guess I shall have to wait until I've finished my other writing projects.

    Many Blessings,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, thank you so much for your comment! I'm really glad that you like my blog.

      Yes, I agree, the earthquake/tsunami was such a devastating event. I don't know whether my story is exactly inspiring, but I do hope that it's at least interesting and hopefully touching.

      Wow, you were born and lived in Egypt??! That's amazing! I'm sure you could write such a story with a lot of cool details. It adds a lot of depth to a story to write about a place and a culture that you know well. I hope you can write that story sometime!

      Thanks again!

      Delete

Please remember to post graciously, whether or not you agree with the post.

Proverbs 15:1
"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."